Sunday 3 July 1949
It was Sunday, under the sign of Cancer. The US president was Harry S. Truman (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Jan Smithers in North Hollywood and Elizabeth Edwards.
The Fountainhead, directed by King Vidor, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1949
On TV people were watching Armchair Detective.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 3 July 1949!
Which were the important events of 3 July 1949 ?
- National holiday in Belarus
- Feast day of Saint Thomas
- Start of the Dog Days
- Jan Smithers in North Hollywood: California, USA; actress (Bailey - WKRP).
- Elizabeth Edwards: American lawyer and wife of politician John Edwards, mother of four children.
- François Henrot: French investment banker, who was the right arm of David de Rothschild at Rothschild Investment Banking.
- Roland Magdane: French comedian, famed for his stage work in Paris as a stand-up comic.
- Susan Penhaligon: Manilla, Philippines -- Actress (Dracula, Nasty Habits).
- Jan Smithers: American actress
- John Verity: English guitarist (Argent)
- Johnnie Wilder: Jr., American singer (Heatwave) (d. 2006)
- Bo Xilai: Chinese politician Chinese Minister of Commerce
Where were your ancestors 100 years before 3 July 1949
Discover their stories. Preserve your legacy.
Our team of professional genealogists provide full-service genealogical research for clients worldwide, helping them discover their roots and personal history through records, narratives, and DNA.
Which were the top hits in that special week of July 1949 ?
Top #1 songs in the USA
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Make this date unforgettable
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?