Thursday 3 July 1952
It was Thursday, under the sign of Cancer. The US president was Harry S. Truman (Democratic).
The Story of Robin Hood and His Merrie Men, directed by Ken Annakin, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1952
while The Caine Mutiny by Herman Wouk was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Or have a look at the whole 1952.
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 3 July 1952!
Which were the important events of 3 July 1952 ?
- National holiday in Belarus
- Feast day of Saint Thomas
- Start of the Dog Days
- Andy Fraser: English singer-songwriter and bass player (Free Sharks and John Mayall & the Bluesbreakers) (d. 2015).
- Amit Kumar: Indian actor singer and director.
- Rohinton Mistry: Indian-Canadian author.
- Laura Branigan: American singer-songwriter and actress (d. 2004).
- Alan Autry: NFL (Green Bay Packers) / actor (Heat of the Night).
- Bill Badgett Jr: Horse trainer
- John McIntyre: American FBI informant, slain by mob members involved in gunrunning for the Irish Republican Army.
- The Constitution of Puerto Rico is approved by the Congress of the United States.
- The SS United States sets sail on her maiden voyage to Southampton. During the voyage, the ship takes the Blue Riband away from the RMS Queen Mary.
Subscribe to our Newsletter
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?