Saturday 3 July 1954
It was Saturday, under the sign of Cancer. The US president was Dwight D. Eisenhower (Republican).
In UK Secret Love by Doris Day was in the top 5 hits.
Garden of Evil, directed by Henry Hathaway, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1954
while Not As A Stranger by Morton Thompson was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 3 July 1954!
Which were the important events of 3 July 1954 ?
- National holiday in Belarus
- Feast day of Saint Thomas
- Start of the Dog Days
- Leslie Sees: American homicide; housewife who shot her husband and twin sons to death and wounded her six-year-old daughter, then placing the gun in her mouth and committed suicide.
- Debbie Skinner: LPGA golfer.
- Siegfried Handloser: German general and physician (d. 1954).
- Wonderful Town closes at Winter Garden Theater NYC after 559 performances
- 61st Wimbledon Womens Tennis: Maureen Connolly beats L Brough (62 75)
- Food rationing ends in Britain
Subscribe to our Newsletter
Which were the top hits in that special week of July 1954 ?
Top #3 songs in the USA
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?