Wednesday 3 July 1957
It was Wednesday, under the sign of Cancer. The US president was Dwight D. Eisenhower (Republican). In that special week of July people in US were listening to Love Letters In The Sand by Pat Boone.
In UK Yes Tonight Josephine by Johnnie Ray was in the top 5 hits.
The Pride and the Passion, directed by Stanley Kramer, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1957
while The Scapegoat by Daphne du Maurier was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Or have a look at the whole 1957.
Which were the most popular movies released this week ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 3 July 1957!
Which were the important events of 3 July 1957 ?
- National holiday in Belarus
- Feast day of Saint Thomas
- Start of the Dog Days
- Ken Ober: American comedian actor and game show host (d. 2009).
- Poly Styrene: British musician (X-Ray Spex) (d. 2011).
- Danny Heep: Baseball player.
- Faye Resnick: Author (Nicole Brown Simpson-Private Diary).
- Orel Hershiser: Buffalo, New York -- Pitcher (LA Dodgers, Cleveland Indians).
Which were the top hits in that special week of July 1957 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
- Pat Boone - Love Letters In The Sand
- The Everly Brothers - Bye Bye Love
- Jimmy Dorsey - So Rare
- Elvis Presley - (Let Me Be Your) Teddy Bear
- Marty Robbins - A White Sport Coat (And A Pink Carnation)
- Elvis Presley - All Shook Up
- Gale Storm - Dark Moon
- The Coasters - Searchin'
- Ricky Nelson - A Teenager's Romance
- Sal Mineo - Start Movin' (In My Direction)
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?