Friday 3 July 1959
It was Friday, under the sign of Cancer. The US president was Dwight D. Eisenhower (Republican). In that special week of July people in US were listening to The Battle Of New Orleans by Johnny Horton.
In UK Roulette by Russ Conway was in the top 5 hits.
The Hound of the Baskervilles, directed by Terence Fisher, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1959
while The Ugly American by William J. Lederer and Eugene Burdick was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Or have a look at the whole 1959.
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 3 July 1959!
Which were the important events of 3 July 1959 ?
- National holiday in Belarus
- Feast day of Saint Thomas
- Start of the Dog Days
- Julie Burchill: English journalist and author.
- Ian Maxtone-Graham: American screenwriter and producer.
- Stephen Pearcy: American singer-songwriter and guitarist (Ratt Arcade Vertex and Vicious Delite).
- David Shore: Canadian screenwriter and producer.
- Andreas Wisniewski: Berlin, Germany -- Actor (Living Daylights).
- Stoyan Deltchev: Bulgaria -- Horizontal bar gymnist (1980 Olympics - Gold Medalist)
- 73rd Wimbledon Mens Tennis: Alex Olmedo beats Rod Laver (64 63 64)
- 88th British Golf Open: Gary Player shoots a 284 at Muirfield Gullane
Subscribe to our Newsletter
Which were the top hits in that special week of July 1959 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
- Johnny Horton - The Battle Of New Orleans
- Lloyd Price - Personality
- Paul Anka - Lonely Boy
- Bobby Darin - Dream Lover
- Connie Francis - Lipstick On Your Collar
- Freddy Cannon - Tallahassee Lassie
- Wilbert Harrison - Kansas City
- Martin Denny - Quiet Village
- The Coasters - Along Came Jones
- Dion and the Belmonts - A Teenager In Love
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?