Sunday 3 July 1960
It was Sunday, under the sign of Cancer. The US president was Dwight D. Eisenhower (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Perrine Pelen and Vince Clarke.
In that special week of July people in US were listening to Everybody's Somebody's Fool by Connie Francis.
In UK Good Timin' by Jimmy Jones was in the top 5 hits.
13 Ghosts, directed by William Castle, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1960
while Advise And Consent by Allen Drury was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching The Comedy Spot.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 3 July 1960!
Which were the important events of 3 July 1960 ?
- National holiday in Belarus
- Feast day of Saint Thomas
- Start of the Dog Days
- Perrine Pelen: French alpine skier.
- Vince Clarke: English singer-songwriter keyboard player and producer (Depeche Mode Yazoo The Assembly Erasure and VCMG).
- Alfred Henry Ackley: Composer, dies at 73.
- Vernon Presley (father of Elvis) weds Dee Alliot
Which were the top hits in that special week of July 1960 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
- Connie Francis - Everybody's Somebody's Fool
- The Everly Brothers - Cathy's Clown
- Hollywood Argyles - Alley-Oop
- Jack Scott - Burning Bridges
- Duane Eddy - Because They're Young
- Brenda Lee - I'm Sorry
- Dinah Washington - A Rockin' Good Way (To Mess Around And Fall In Love)
- Anita Bryant - Paper Roses
- Jimmy Jones - Good Timin'
- Bobby Rydell - Swingin' School
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?