Saturday 3 July 1965
It was Saturday, under the sign of Cancer. The US president was Lyndon B. Johnson (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Arno Hofstede and Bobby Gage.
In that special week of July people in US were listening to I Can't Help Myself by Four Tops.
In UK Crying In The Chapel by Elvis Presley was in the top 5 hits.
Monster a-Go Go, directed by Bill Rebane, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1965
while Up The Down Staircase by Bel Kaufman was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching Vision On.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 3 July 1965!
Which were the important events of 3 July 1965 ?
- National holiday in Belarus
- Feast day of Saint Thomas
- Start of the Dog Days
- Arno Hofstede: Dutch soccer player (Willem II, Go Ahead Eagles).
- Bobby Gage: Winsted, California -- Nike golfer (1993 NIKE Wichita Open-16th).
- Dan Land: NFL cornerback / safety (Oakland Raiders).
- Greg Vaughn: Sacramento, California -- Outfielder (Milwaukee Brewers, SD Padres).
- Vinson Smith: NFL linebacker (Chicago Bears).
- Flavio Insinna: Italian actor and television presenter. From 2006 through 2008, he presented "Affari Tuoi," the Italian version of "Deal or No Deal." In 2013, he commenced hosting the show once again.
- Connie Nielsen: Danish actress
- Tommy Flanagan: American jazz pianist (Born 1930)
- Shinya Hashimoto: Japanese wrestler (d. 2005)
- Komsan Pohkong: Thai lawyer and academic
- 72nd Wimbledon Womens Tennis: Margaret Smith beats M Fraiser (64 75)
- Phillies Dick Allen and Frank Thomas get into a fight during practice
- USSR and Persia sign dam building and economic aid pact
Where were your ancestors 100 years before 3 July 1965
Discover their stories. Preserve your legacy.
Our team of professional genealogists provide full-service genealogical research for clients worldwide, helping them discover their roots and personal history through records, narratives, and DNA.
Which were the top hits in that special week of July 1965 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
- Four Tops - I Can't Help Myself
- The Rolling Stones - (I Can't Get No) Satisfaction
- The Byrds - Mr. Tambourine Man
- Sam the Sham and the Pharaohs - Wooly Bully
- Herman's Hermits - Wonderful World
- The Yardbirds - For Your Love
- Johnny Rivers - Seventh Son
- Elvis Presley - Crying In The Chapel
- Barbara Mason - Yes, I'm Ready
- Jackie De Shannon - What The World Needs Now Is Love
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Make this date unforgettable
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?