Friday 3 July 1970
It was Friday, under the sign of Cancer. The US president was Richard Nixon (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Preston Jones and Victor Bailey.
In that special week of July people in US were listening to The Love You Save by The Jackson 5.
In UK In The Summertime by Mungo Jerry was in the top 5 hits.
Chisum, directed by Andrew V. McLaglen, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1970
while The French Lieutenant'S Woman by John Fowles was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching Ace of Wands.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 3 July 1970!
Which were the important events of 3 July 1970 ?
- National holiday in Belarus
- Feast day of Saint Thomas
- Start of the Dog Days
- Preston Jones: WLAF quarterback (London Monarchs).
- Victor Bailey: NFL wide receiver (KC Chiefs).
- Cinnamon Brown: American homicide, the killer of her step-mother in collusion with her father.
- Bruno Martini: French team handball goalkeeper, who competed at the 1996 Summer Olympics, where the French team placed 4th, and also at the 2000 Summer Olympics, where the team placed 6th.
- Audra McDonald: TV Actress.
- Shawnee Smith: American actress
- Teemu Selanne: Helsinki, Finland -- NHL right wing (Anaheim Mighty Ducks)
- Serhiy Honchar: Ukrainian cyclist
- Teemu Selänne: Finnish-American ice hockey player
- Aşkın Yengi: Turkish singer and actress
- 77th Wimbledon Womens Tennis: Margaret Smith beats King (14-12 11-9)
- British aircraft crashes at Barcelona, 112 killed
- 200,000 attend Atlanta Pop Festival.
- California Angels' Clyde Wright no-hits Oakland Athletics, 8-0.
- A British Dan-Air De Havilland Comet chartered jetliner crashes into mountains north of Barcelona, Spain killing 113 people.
- The Troubles: the ''Falls Curfew'' begins in Belfast, Northern Ireland.
- The French Army detonates a 914 kiloton thermonuclear device in the Mururoa Atoll. It is their fourth and largest nuclear test.
- Bob Hope and other entertainers gather in Washington, D.C. for ''Honor America Day'', a nonpartisan holiday event.
- Longtime radio music countdown show American Top 40 debuts on 5 U.S. stations with Casey Kasem as host.
Which were the top hits in that special week of July 1970 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
- The Jackson 5 - The Love You Save
- Three Dog Night - Mama Told Me (Not To Come)
- The Temptations - Ball Of Confusion (That's What The World Is Today)
- The Beatles - The Long And Winding Road
- Vanity Fare - Hitchin' A Ride
- Blues Image - Ride Captain Ride
- Freda Payne - Band Of Gold
- Melanie - Lay Down (Candles In The Rain)
- Elvis Presley - The Wonder Of You
- Rare Earth - Get Ready
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?