Sunday 3 July 1977
It was Sunday, under the sign of Cancer. The US president was Jimmy Carter (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include David Bowens .
In that special week of July people in US were listening to Gonna Fly Now (Theme From Rocky) by Bill Conti.
In UK So You Win Again by Hot Chocolate was in the top 5 hits.
Sorcerer, directed by William Friedkin, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1977
while The Thorn Birds by Colleen McCullough was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching The Foundation.
If you liked videogames you were probably playing Destroyer or Zork.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 3 July 1977!
Which were the important events of 3 July 1977 ?
- National holiday in Belarus
- Feast day of Saint Thomas
- Start of the Dog Days
- 5th du Maurier Golf Classic (Peter Jackson Classic): Judy Rankin
- Turkey: Premier Ecevit goes off
Where were your ancestors 100 years before 3 July 1977
Discover their stories. Preserve your legacy.
Our team of professional genealogists provide full-service genealogical research for clients worldwide, helping them discover their roots and personal history through records, narratives, and DNA.
Which were the top hits in that special week of July 1977 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
- Bill Conti - Gonna Fly Now (Theme From Rocky)
- Alan O'Day - Undercover Angel
- Marvin Gaye - Got To Give It Up (Part 1)
- Shaun Cassidy - Da Doo Ron Ron
- Barry Manilow - Looks Like We Made It
- Fleetwood Mac - Dreams
- Andy Gibb - I Just Want To Be Your Everything
- Hot - Angel In Your Arms
- Steve Miller Band - Jet Airliner
- Jimmy Buffett - Margaritaville
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Make this date unforgettable
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?