Monday 3 July 2006
It was Monday, under the sign of Cancer. The US president was George W. Bush (Republican). In that special week of July people in US were listening to Promiscuous by Nelly Furtado.
In UK Hips Don't Lie by Shakira featuring Wyclef Jean was in the top 5 hits.
Oborona Sevastopolya, directed by Vasili Goncharov, was one of the most viewed movies released in 2006
while Wisdom of Our Fathers by Tim Russert was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 3 July 2006!
Which were the important events of 3 July 2006 ?
- National holiday in Belarus
- Feast day of Saint Thomas
- Start of the Dog Days
Famous Birthdays:See famous people born on 03 July
- Benjamin Hendrickson: American actor (Born 1950).
- Valencia metro accident leaves 43 dead in Valencia, Spain.
- Asteroid 2004 XP14 flies within 432,308 kilometres (268,624 mi) of Earth.
- The Space Shuttle ''Discovery'''s launch on STS-121 is thrown in doubt when a 3 inch crack is found in the foam insulation of its external tank. Despite the crack, NASA decides to proceed with the launch, scheduled for 2:38 PM ET Tuesday, which would be the first manned launch on the United States Independence Day. (Reuters)
- North Korean leaders say that they will respond to any pre-emptive attack from the US with an ampquotannihilating strike and a nuclear war.ampquot (Associated Press)
- Greece is suspended from international football competition by FIFA due to Greek government interference in the sport. (BBC)
- The government of Tajikistan renamed the second and the fourth highest peaks of the Pamir Mountains into the Independence Peak and Avicenna Peak, respectively. (Interfax)
- Israeli-Palestinian conflict (Operation Summer Rains):
- Israel rejects ultimatum to release all Palestinian female prisoners, prisoners under 18, and an additional 1,000 prisoners by 6 A.M. Tuesday, in exchange for information on its kidnapped soldier Gilad Shalit. Defense Minister of Israel Amir Peretz calls Syrian President Bashar Assad to ampquotopen his eyes, because he is responsibleampquot. (Haaretz)
- Russian foreign minister Sergei Lavrov calls for the immediate unconditional release of kidnapped soldier Gilad Shalit. (Ynet)
Subscribe to our Newsletter
Which were the top hits in that special week of July 2006 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
Retro and Vintage gifts
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?