Friday 3 July 2009
It was Friday, under the sign of Cancer. The US president was Barack Obama (Democratic).
In that special week of July people in US were listening to Boom Boom Pow by The Black Eyed Peas.
Harry Potter and the Half-Blood Prince, directed by David Yates, was one of the most viewed movies released in 2009
while New Moon by Stephenie Meyer was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching Video Games AWESOME!.
If you liked videogames you were probably playing Battlestations: Pacific or Buzz!: Brain of the World.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 3 July 2009!
Which were the important events of 3 July 2009 ?
- National holiday in Belarus
- Feast day of Saint Thomas
- Start of the Dog Days
Famous Birthdays:See famous people born on 03 July
- John A Keel: American fortean, television scriptwriter, author of The Mothman Prophecies (Born 1930).
- The African Union stops cooperation with the International Criminal Court because it charged Sudanese President Omar al-Bashir with war crimes. (BBC)
- Three people die and over a dozen are injured in riots after a dead pig is thrown into an under-construction mosque in Mysore, India. (CNN)
- John Demjanjuk is declared fit to stand trial for assisting in the deaths of 29,000 Jews in Treblinka extermination camp. (RTÉ)
- Energy ministers of Algeria, Niger and Nigeria sign the intergovernmental agreement on the Trans-Saharan gas pipeline. (BBC)
- Flooding affects parts of County Mayo and County Galway in Ireland. (''The Irish Times'')
- United Nations Secretary-General Ban Ki-moon arrives in Burma, meeting junta leader Senior General Than Shwe and calling for the release of political prisoners. (''Bangkok Post'')
- Two Iranian staff working for the British embassy in Tehran will face trial over allegedly inciting protests. (BBC)
- Three dinosaur speciesmdash''Australovenator wintonensis'', ''Wintonotitan wattsi'' and ''Diamantinasaurus matildae''mdashare discovered in Australia. (''Sydney Morning Herald'')
- Syria invites United States President Barack Obama to the Damascus summit. (Sky News)
- Algerian raï music star Cheb Mami is jailed for five years in France for trying to force his former partner to have an abortion. (Reuters)
- Manuel Pinho, Portugal's Economy Minister, resigns after performing a cuckold gesture at an opposition MP. (BBC)
- North Korea broadcasts its first ever beer commercial, for Taedonggang beer. (''The Los Angeles Times'')
- Two more people die in Viareggio, Italy, following the train explosion, bringing the death toll to 21. (RTÉ)
- Six people, including three children, are killed after a fire in a high rise residential tower block in Camberwell, south London, England. (BBC)
- Russia opens a route for the United States to fly arms to Afghanistan. (''The New York Times'')
- American politician Sarah Palin, current Governor of Alaska and 2008 Vice Presidential candidate, announces her resignation as Governor, effective July 26. (CNN)
- Thirteen people are injured after the Paris to Cahors train derails near Limoges, France. (RTÉ)
- A 6.0 magnitude earthquake centred in the Sea of Cortez shakes western Mexico. (IOL)
Which were the top hits in that special week of July 2009 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?