Tuesday 3 June 1924
It was Tuesday, under the sign of Gemini. The US president was Calvin Coolidge (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include David Richard Holloway and Michael Gow.
Koi no torimono, directed by Zanmu Kako, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1924
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Or have a look at the whole 1924.
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 3 June 1924!
Which were the important events of 3 June 1924 ?
- Kevin Bokelmann - St Kevin's Day.
- Feast day of St Charles Lwanga and Companions, Martyrs of Uganda.
- Roman Empire - Festival to Bellona.
- David Richard Holloway: Literary Editor.
- Michael Gow: Commandant (Royal College of Defense Studies).
- Ted Mallie: American radio and television announcer (d. 1999).
- Bruno Mazza: Italian soccer player.
- Albert Dubreucq: France sport Champion.
- Colleen Dewhurst: Actress (Murphy Brown), dies of cancer at 67
- Karunanidhi : Indian screenwriter and politician 3rd Chief Minister of Tamil Nadu
- Bernard Glasser: American director and producer (d. 2014)
- Jimmy Rogers: American singer and guitarist (d. 1997)
- Torsten Wiesel: Swedish neurophysiologist and academic Nobel Prize laureate
- Franz Kafka: Austrian novelist whose fame reached its height after WW II.
- Gila Wilderness Area established by US Forest Service.
Which were the top hits in that special week of June 1924 ?
Top #2 songs in the USA
- Steppin' Out - Vincent Lopez & His Orchestra
- The One I Love Belongs to Somebody Else - Sophie Tucker
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?