Thursday 3 June 1926
It was Thursday, under the sign of Gemini. The US president was Calvin Coolidge (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Carlos Veerhoff and Colleen Dewhurst.
Hintertreppe, directed by Leopold Jessner, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1926
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 3 June 1926!
Which were the important events of 3 June 1926 ?
- Kevin Bokelmann - St Kevin's Day.
- Feast day of St Charles Lwanga and Companions, Martyrs of Uganda.
- Roman Empire - Festival to Bellona.
- Carlos Veerhoff: Composer.
- Colleen Dewhurst: Montreal, Quebec -- Actress (Maggie-Blue & Grey).
- Hamilton Fish Jr: (Rep-R-New York, 1969- ).
- Janez Maticic: Composer.
- Roscoe G Bartlett: (Rep-R-Maryland).
- Allen Ginsberg: American writer and poet, the bearded bard of scatological colloquialisms who became the symbol of the anger under flower-power. Asked once to define his political and social views, Ginsberg said simply: "Absolute defiance."
- Flora MacDonald: Canadian banker and politician 10th Canadian Minister of Communications (d. 2015)
Which were the top hits in that special week of June 1926 ?
Top #2 songs in the USA
- Song of the Flame - Ipana Troubadors
- Sweet and Low-Down - Harry Archer & His Orchestra
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?