Wednesday 3 June 1936
It was Wednesday, under the sign of Gemini. The US president was Franklin D. Roosevelt (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include David Nicholls and Harry Pitt.
Fury, directed by Fritz Lang, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1936
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 3 June 1936!
Which were the important events of 3 June 1936 ?
- Kevin Bokelmann - St Kevin's Day.
- Feast day of St Charles Lwanga and Companions, Martyrs of Uganda.
- Roman Empire - Festival to Bellona.
- David Nicholls: Priest / Theologian / political theorist.
- Harry Pitt: Vice chancellor (Reading University).
- Philip J Attenborough: CEO / publisher (Hodder & Stoughton).
- Jim Gentile: baseball player.
- Larry McMurtry: US scriptwriter (Lonesome Dove, Pulitzer 1986).
- Colin Meads: New Zealand rugby player and coach
Where were your ancestors 100 years before 3 June 1936
Discover their stories. Preserve your legacy.
Our team of professional genealogists provide full-service genealogical research for clients worldwide, helping them discover their roots and personal history through records, narratives, and DNA.
Make this date unforgettable
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?