Thursday 3 June 1937
It was Thursday, under the sign of Gemini. The US president was Franklin D. Roosevelt (Democratic).
Kid Galahad, directed by Michael Curtiz, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1937
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Or have a look at the whole 1937.
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 3 June 1937!
Which were the important events of 3 June 1937 ?
- Kevin Bokelmann - St Kevin's Day.
- Feast day of St Charles Lwanga and Companions, Martyrs of Uganda.
- Roman Empire - Festival to Bellona.
- Edward Winter: American actor (d. 2001).
- Solomon P Ortiz: (Rep-D-Texas, 1983- ).
- Jean-Pierre Jaussaud: French race car driver.
- Duke of Windsor (Edward 8) weds Mrs Wallis Warfield Simpson in France
- The Duke of Windsor marries Wallis Simpson.
- The first total solar eclipse to exceed seven minutes of totality in over 800 years, is visible in the Pacific and Peru.
- Carl Orff's ''Carmina Burana'' premieres in Frankfurt, Germany.
Subscribe to our Newsletter
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?