Thursday 3 June 1937
It was Thursday, under the sign of Gemini. The US president was Franklin D. Roosevelt (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Solomon P Ortiz and Edward Winter.
Kid Galahad, directed by Michael Curtiz, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1937
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 3 June 1937!
Which were the important events of 3 June 1937 ?
- Kevin Bokelmann - St Kevin's Day.
- Feast day of St Charles Lwanga and Companions, Martyrs of Uganda.
- Roman Empire - Festival to Bellona.
- Solomon P Ortiz: (Rep-D-Texas, 1983- ).
- Edward Winter: American actor (d. 2001).
- Jean-Pierre Jaussaud: French race car driver.
- Duke of Windsor (Edward 8) weds Mrs Wallis Warfield Simpson in France
- The Duke of Windsor marries Wallis Simpson.
- The first total solar eclipse to exceed seven minutes of totality in over 800 years, is visible in the Pacific and Peru.
- Carl Orff's ''Carmina Burana'' premieres in Frankfurt, Germany.
Where were your ancestors 100 years before 3 June 1937
Discover their stories. Preserve your legacy.
Our team of professional genealogists provide full-service genealogical research for clients worldwide, helping them discover their roots and personal history through records, narratives, and DNA.
Make this date unforgettable
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?