Saturday 3 June 1944
It was Saturday, under the sign of Gemini. The US president was Franklin D. Roosevelt (Democratic).
Days of Glory, directed by Jacques Tourneur, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1944
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Or have a look at the whole 1944.
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 3 June 1944!
Which were the important events of 3 June 1944 ?
- Kevin Bokelmann - St Kevin's Day.
- Feast day of St Charles Lwanga and Companions, Martyrs of Uganda.
- Roman Empire - Festival to Bellona.
- Mary Thom: American journalist and author.
- Jean-Hubert Martin: French former director of the Centre Georges Pompidou, the Kunsthalle Bern, and the Paris Musée National des Arts d'Afrique et d'Océanie, and currently the curator behind Theatre of the World.
- Richard Verber: American chess master who, while a student in Chicago, became that city's Chess Champion in 1966.
- Eddy Ottoz: Italian hurdler, he won a bronze medal at the 1968 Olympics.
- Michael Clarke: NYC, New York -- Rock drummer (Byrds-Turn! Turn! Turn!).
- 76th Belmont: G L Smith aboard Bounding Home wins in 2:32.2
- Generals Giraud and de Gaulle reach agreement on constitution
- Nazis pull out of Rome
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?