Saturday 3 June 1944
It was Saturday, under the sign of Gemini. The US president was Franklin D. Roosevelt (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Michael Clarke and Jean-Hubert Martin.
Days of Glory, directed by Jacques Tourneur, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1944
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 3 June 1944!
Which were the important events of 3 June 1944 ?
- Kevin Bokelmann - St Kevin's Day.
- Feast day of St Charles Lwanga and Companions, Martyrs of Uganda.
- Roman Empire - Festival to Bellona.
- Michael Clarke: NYC, New York -- Rock drummer (Byrds-Turn! Turn! Turn!).
- Jean-Hubert Martin: French former director of the Centre Georges Pompidou, the Kunsthalle Bern, and the Paris Musée National des Arts d'Afrique et d'Océanie, and currently the curator behind Theatre of the World.
- Eddy Ottoz: Italian hurdler, he won a bronze medal at the 1968 Olympics.
- Richard Verber: American chess master who, while a student in Chicago, became that city's Chess Champion in 1966.
- Thomas Burns: Irish bishop.
- Edith McGuire: US 200m sprinter (1964 Olympics - Gold Medalist)
- Mary Thom: American journalist and author
- 76th Belmont: G L Smith aboard Bounding Home wins in 2:32.2
- Generals Giraud and de Gaulle reach agreement on constitution
- Nazis pull out of Rome
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?