Saturday 3 June 1950
It was Saturday, under the sign of Gemini. The US president was Harry S. Truman (Democratic).
Night and the City, directed by Jules Dassin, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1950
while The Cardinal by Henry Morton Robinson was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Or have a look at the whole 1950.
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 3 June 1950!
Which were the important events of 3 June 1950 ?
- Kevin Bokelmann - St Kevin's Day.
- Feast day of St Charles Lwanga and Companions, Martyrs of Uganda.
- Roman Empire - Festival to Bellona.
- Marlene Elejarde: Havana, Cuba -- 4x100m runner (1968 Olympics - Silver Medalist).
- Suzi Quatro in Detroit: Michigan, USA; singer ("Stumblin' In") / actress (Happy Days).
- Marianne Bachmaier: German homicide who killed the murderer of her child in 3/1981, shooting him in court during his trial.
- Annette Gayou: Austrian ballet dancer.
- Melissa Mathison: American screenwriter and noted family, who spells her last name slightly differently from her father and brother.
- Suzi Quatro: American black-leather clad R'N'R singer and bass player known for aggressive, raunchy performances. She performed for seven years with "The Pleasure Seekers" touring the U.S. She moved to England at 21 with a first hit that made No..1 on the charts when she was 23. She was in the American TV series "Happy Days," and did a musical in 1986.
- Deniece Williams: American singer who originally sang in Stevie Wonder's backup group, "Wonderlove." Her album "Free" made the UK No. 1 in May 1977, and her duet with Johnny Mathis topped U.S. charts 6/03/1978. In May 1984, he was back on top with the song "Let's Hear it for the Boy" from the film "Footloose."
- Frédéric François: Belgian-Italian singer-songwriter
- Juan Muñoz: Argentinian businessman (d. 2013)
- Christos Verelis: Greek politician Greek Minister of Transport and Communications
- Robert Z'Dar: American actor and producer (d. 2015)
- French expedition reaches top of Himalayan peak of Annapurna in Nepal
- First successful ascent of an Eight-thousander; Annapurna is summited by Maurice Herzog and Louis Lachenal
- Annapurna I, 10th highest mountain in the world, is first ascended.
Make this date unforgettable
Get back in touch
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?