Wednesday 3 June 1953
It was Wednesday, under the sign of Gemini. The US president was Dwight D. Eisenhower (Republican).
In UK I Believe by Frankie Laine was in the top 5 hits.
Robot Monster, directed by Phil Tucker, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1953
while The Silver Chalice by Thomas B. Costain was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Or have a look at the whole 1953.
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 3 June 1953!
Which were the important events of 3 June 1953 ?
- Kevin Bokelmann - St Kevin's Day.
- Feast day of St Charles Lwanga and Companions, Martyrs of Uganda.
- Roman Empire - Festival to Bellona.
- Patrick Blanc: French botanist, working at the French National Centre for Scientific Research, where he specializes in plants from tropical forests.
- Alexander Cartwright founded baseball and not Abner Doubleday
- Congress cites research of NYC librarian Robert Henderson in proving
- KVOS TV channel 12 in Bellingham / Vancouver, WA (CBS) begins
Subscribe to our Newsletter
Which were the top hits in that special week of June 1953 ?
Top #1 songs in the USA
- Limelight (Terry's Theme) - Frank Chacksfield & His Orchestra
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?