Wednesday 3 June 1959
It was Wednesday, under the sign of Gemini. The US president was Dwight D. Eisenhower (Republican). In that special week of June people in US were listening to The Battle Of New Orleans by Johnny Horton.
In UK A Fool Such As I / I Need Your Love Tonight by Elvis Presley was in the top 5 hits.
They Came to Cordura, directed by Robert Rossen, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1959
while The Ugly American by William J. Lederer and Eugene Burdick was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 3 June 1959!
Which were the important events of 3 June 1959 ?
- Kevin Bokelmann - St Kevin's Day.
- Feast day of St Charles Lwanga and Companions, Martyrs of Uganda.
- Roman Empire - Festival to Bellona.
- François Sarkozy: French noted family member, one of the two brothers of former President of France Nicolas Sarkozy.
- John Carlson: American talk radio host.
- Imbi Paju: Estonian-Finnish journalist and author.
- Sam Mills: American black pro football player.
- Ole Windingstad: Composer, dies at 73.
- 1st class graduates from Air Force Academy in Colorado Springs, Colorado
- 1st US Air Force Academy graduation
- Eisenhower routes Canadian Premier Diefenbaker message off the Moon
- Real Madrid wins 4th Europe Cup 1
- Singapore adopts constitution
- First US Air Force Academy graduation.
- Singapore becomes a self-governing crown colony of Britain with Lee Kuan Yew as Prime Minister.
Subscribe to our Newsletter
Which were the top hits in that special week of June 1959 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
- Johnny Horton - The Battle Of New Orleans
- Wilbert Harrison - Kansas City
- Dave Baby Cortez - The Happy Organ
- Lloyd Price - Personality
- The Impalas - Sorry (I Ran All The Way Home)
- Bobby Darin - Dream Lover
- Martin Denny - Quiet Village
- Edward Byrnes - Kookie, Kookie (Lend Me Your Comb)
- Dion and the Belmonts - A Teenager In Love
- Franck Pourcel's French Fiddles - Only You
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?