Saturday 3 June 1961
It was Saturday, under the sign of Gemini. The US president was John F. Kennedy (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Peter Glen Vidmar and Lawrence Lessig.
In that special week of June people in US were listening to Travelin' Man by Ricky Nelson.
In UK Blue Moon by The Marcels was in the top 5 hits.
When the Clock Strikes, directed by Edward L. Cahn, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1961
while The Agony And The Ecstasy by Irving Stone was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching Hancock.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released this week ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 3 June 1961!
Which were the important events of 3 June 1961 ?
- Kevin Bokelmann - St Kevin's Day.
- Feast day of St Charles Lwanga and Companions, Martyrs of Uganda.
- Roman Empire - Festival to Bellona.
- Peter Glen Vidmar: Los Angeles, California -- Gymnist (1984 Olympics - 2 Gold / Silver Medals).
- Lawrence Lessig: American lawyer academic and author founded the Creative Commons.
- Peter Vidmar: American gymnast.
- Ed Wynne: English guitarist songwriter and producer (Ozric Tentacles and Nodens Ictus).
- Wildcat closes at Alvin Theater NYC after 172 performances
- 93rd Belmont: Braulio Baeza aboard Sherluck wins in 2:29.2
- JFK and Khrushchev meet in Vienna
Which were the top hits in that special week of June 1961 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
- Ricky Nelson - Travelin' Man
- Shep and the Limelites - Daddy's Home
- Roy Orbison - Running Scared
- The Shirelles - Mama Said
- Ernie K-Doe - Mother-In-Law
- Del Shannon - Runaway
- Connie Francis - Breakin' In A Brand New Broken Heart
- Gene McDaniels - A Hundred Pounds Of Clay
- Elvis Presley - I Feel So Bad
- The Fleetwoods - Tragedy
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?