Wednesday 3 June 1964
It was Wednesday, under the sign of Gemini. The US president was Lyndon B. Johnson (Democratic). In that special week of June people in US were listening to Chapel Of Love by The Dixie Cups.
In UK Don't Throw Your Love Away by The Searchers was in the top 5 hits.
Robinson Crusoe on Mars, directed by Byron Haskin, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1964
while The Spy Who Came In From The Cold by John le Carré was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 3 June 1964!
Which were the important events of 3 June 1964 ?
- Kevin Bokelmann - St Kevin's Day.
- Feast day of St Charles Lwanga and Companions, Martyrs of Uganda.
- Roman Empire - Festival to Bellona.
- James Purefoy: English actor.
- Nelson Liriano: Puerto Plata, Dominican Republic -- Infielder (Pittsburgh Pirates).
- Kerry King: American musician (Slayer).
- Frans Eemil Sillanpaa: Finnish writer, Nobel Prize laureate (Born 1888).
- Ringo Starr collapses from tonsillitis and pharyngitis
- Rolling Stones begin first US tour (with Bobby Goldsboro and Bobby Vee).
- South Korean President Park Chung Hee declares martial law in Seoul, after 10,000 student demonstrators overpower police.
Subscribe to our Newsletter
Which were the top hits in that special week of June 1964 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
- The Dixie Cups - Chapel Of Love
- Mary Wells - My Guy
- Louis Armstrong - Hello, Dolly!
- Peter and Gordon - A World Without Love
- The Beatles - Love Me Do
- Ray Charles Singers - Love Me With All Your Heart (Cuando Calienta El Sol)
- Dionne Warwick - Walk On By
- The Reflections - (Just Like) Romeo And Juliet
- Billy J. Kramer with the Dakotas - Little Children
- The Beatles - P.S. I Love You
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?