Friday 3 June 1966
It was Friday, under the sign of Gemini. The US president was Lyndon B. Johnson (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Wasim Akram and Jamie O'Neal.
In that special week of June people in US were listening to When A Man Loves A Woman by Percy Sledge.
In UK Pretty Flamingo by Manfred Mann was in the top 5 hits.
The Russians Are Coming the Russians Are Coming, directed by Norman Jewison, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1966
while Valley Of The Dolls by Jacqueline Susann was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching Förster Horn.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 3 June 1966!
Which were the important events of 3 June 1966 ?
- Kevin Bokelmann - St Kevin's Day.
- Feast day of St Charles Lwanga and Companions, Martyrs of Uganda.
- Roman Empire - Festival to Bellona.
Famous Birthdays:03 June
- Alice Calhoun: Actress (Flowing Gold, Between Friends), dies at 65.
- European DX Council forms in Copenhagen (shortwave listeners)
- Gemini 9 launched; 7th US two-man flight (Stafford and Cernan).
- Joaquín Balaguer is elected president of the Dominican Republic.
Which were the top hits in that special week of June 1966 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
- Percy Sledge - When A Man Loves A Woman
- The Mindbenders - A Groovy Kind Of Love
- The Rolling Stones - Paint It, Black
- The Lovin' Spoonful - Did You Ever Have To Make Up Your Mind?
- Simon and Garfunkel - I Am A Rock
- The Mamas & The Papas - Monday, Monday
- Bob Dylan - Rainy Day Women #12 & 35
- James Brown - It's A Man's Man's Man's World
- Gary Lewis and the Playboys - Green Grass
- Frank Sinatra - Strangers In The Night
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?