Monday 3 June 1968
It was Monday, under the sign of Gemini. The US president was Lyndon B. Johnson (Democratic). In that special week of June people in US were listening to Mrs. Robinson by Simon and Garfunkel.
In UK Young Girl by Union Gap was in the top 5 hits.
The Devil's Brigade, directed by Andrew V. McLaglen, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1968
while The Confessions Of Nat Turner by William Styron was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 3 June 1968!
Which were the important events of 3 June 1968 ?
- Kevin Bokelmann - St Kevin's Day.
- Feast day of St Charles Lwanga and Companions, Martyrs of Uganda.
- Roman Empire - Festival to Bellona.
- Jamie O'Neal: American singer.
- Saffron : Nigerian singer and dancer (Republica and N-Joi).
- Samantha Sprackling: Nigerian singer.
- Canada announces it will replace silver with nickel in coins
- Poor Peoples March on Washington
- Yanks turn 21st triple-play in their history lose 4-3 to Twins
Subscribe to our Newsletter
Which were the top hits in that special week of June 1968 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
- Bobby Goldsboro - Honey
- Herb Alpert - This Guy's In Love With You
- Simon and Garfunkel - Mrs. Robinson
- Archie Bell & The Drells - Tighten Up
- Hugo Montenegro - The Good, The Bad And The Ugly
- Richard Harris - MacArthur Park
- The Rascals - A Beautiful Morning
- Tommy James and the Shondells - Mony Mony
- Ohio Express - Yummy Yummy Yummy
- Aretha Franklin - Think
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
Retro and Vintage gifts
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?