Saturday 3 June 2006
It was Saturday, under the sign of Gemini. The US president was George W. Bush (Republican). In that special week of June people in US were listening to Ridin' by Chamillionaire.
In UK Crazy by Gnarls Barkley was in the top 5 hits.
The Fast and the Furious: Tokyo Drift, directed by Justin Lin, was one of the most viewed movies released in 2006
while The Da Vinci Code by Dan Brown was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Or have a look at the whole 2006.
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 3 June 2006!
Which were the important events of 3 June 2006 ?
- Kevin Bokelmann - St Kevin's Day.
- Feast day of St Charles Lwanga and Companions, Martyrs of Uganda.
- Roman Empire - Festival to Bellona.
- Countess Leonore: Dutch royalty, the second daughter and third child of Dutch Prince Constantijn and his wife Laurentien Brinkhorst.
- Dylan Conner: American child born to noted Romanian Olympic gymnast, Nadia Comaneci and her husband Bart Conner.
- Johnny Grande: original accordion/piano/keyboard player for Bill Haley's Comets (Born 1932).
- The union of Serbia and Montenegro comes to an end with Montenegro's formal declaration of independence.
- Pakistan bans ''The Da Vinci Code'' film because it is said to contain blasphemous material about Jesus. (AP)
- A strong quake measuring 5.2 on the Richter scale hits Southern Iran killing a young girl in the village of Ramkan. (Pakistan Daily Times)
- The United States military finds its soldiers not guilty of any wrongdoing in the Ishaqi incident involving the deaths of 11 Iraqi civilians. (The Age)
- Iranian President Mahmoud Ahmadinejad, while continuing to maintain that his country has the right to continue development on their nuclear technology, says that he ampquotwill not pass judgment on the proposals hastily,ampquot referring to the incentives package being offered by the US, Russia, United Kingdom, Germany, France and China in order to dissuade Iran from further nuclear development. (Reuters)
- Human Rights Watch releases a video showing South Sudanese Vice President Dr. Riek Machar Teny Dhurgon bribing cult and rebel leader Joseph Kony and his second-in-command Vincent Otti of the Lord's Resistance Army to not attack southern Sudanese citizens. (Scoop)
- A Russian diplomat is killed and four kidnapped in an attack near the Russian embassy in Baghdad, according to Russian and Iraqi officials. (BBC)
- 2006 Toronto terrorism arrests: The Royal Canadian Mounted Police announce the arrest of 17 suspected Islamic terrorists in connection with a planned terrorist attack around Toronto. The RCMP say that three tons of ammonium nitrate was seized. In comparison, the 1995 Oklahoma City bombing used one ton. (VOA)
- Czech parliament election leaves the Czech Republic with an even split between party blocs.
- In response to his million dollar bill gospel tracts being seized from The Great News Network by the United States Secret Service, Ray Comfort, founder of Living Waters Publications, states that he will refuse to turn over his supply of tracts without a warrant. (WorldNetDaily)
Which were the top hits in that special week of June 2006 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?