Saturday 3 March 1951
It was Saturday, under the sign of Pisces. The US president was Harry S. Truman (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Sergei Aleksandrovich and Heizo Takenaka.
Royal Wedding, directed by Stanley Donen, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1951
while Joy Street by Frances Parkinson Keyes was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching The Victor Borge Show.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 3 March 1951!
Which were the important events of 3 March 1951 ?
- United States - Bonza Bottler Day
- Bulgaria - Liberation Day.
- Malawi - Martyr's Day.
- Hinamatsuri - Japanese celebration day for girls.
- Sergei Aleksandrovich: Yemelyanov; Russian cosmonaut.
- Heizo Takenaka: Japanese economist and retired politician.
- Pierre Efratas: Belgian novelist, romancer, storyteller, living in France (Normandy).
- Lindsay Cooper: English bassoon player and composer (Henry Cow News from Babel and Feminist Improvising Group) (d. 2013).
- Andy Murray: Canadian ice hockey player and coach.
- Heizō Takenaka: Japanese economist and politician
- Bill Mikvy (Temple) scores NCAA basketball record 73 points.
- Jackie Brenston, with Ike Turner and his band, records ''Rocket 88'', often cited as ''the first rock and roll record'', at Sam Phillips' recording studios in Memphis, Tennessee.
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?