Saturday 3 March 1956
It was Saturday, under the sign of Pisces. The US president was Dwight D. Eisenhower (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Jim Barton and Zbigniew Boniek.
In UK Sixteen Tons by Tennessee Ernie Ford was in the top 5 hits.
Doctor at Sea, directed by Ralph Thomas, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1956
while Ten North Frederick by John O'Hara was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching Jane Eyre.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 3 March 1956!
Which were the important events of 3 March 1956 ?
- United States - Bonza Bottler Day
- Bulgaria - Liberation Day.
- Malawi - Martyr's Day.
- Hinamatsuri - Japanese celebration day for girls.
- Jim Barton: Lincoln, Nebraska -- Soling yachter (1996 Olympics - Bronze Medalist).
- Zbigniew Boniek: Polish footballer and manager.
- Willem H Keesom: Dutch physicist (Helium I/II), dies at age 79.
- Morocco gains independence from France (Anniversary of throne)
- Indonesian government of Harahap resigns.
- Cockie Gastelaars swims world record 100 metre freestyle (1:04.2).
- Manhattan Borough President Hulan Jack makes plans for a new 110,000-seat stadium to entice New York Giants to stay in New York.
Which were the top hits in that special week of March 1956 ?
Top #1 songs in the USA
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?