Sunday 3 March 1957
It was Sunday, under the sign of Pisces. The US president was Dwight D. Eisenhower (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Stephen Budiansky and Thom Hoffman.
In that special week of March people in US were listening to Young Love by Tab Hunter.
In UK The Garden Of Eden by Frankie Vaughan was in the top 5 hits.
The Incredible Shrinking Man, directed by Jack Arnold, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1957
while Blue Camellia by Frances Parkinson Keyes was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching Panic!.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Or have a look at the whole 1957.
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 3 March 1957!
Which were the important events of 3 March 1957 ?
- United States - Bonza Bottler Day
- Bulgaria - Liberation Day.
- Malawi - Martyr's Day.
- Hinamatsuri - Japanese celebration day for girls.
- Stephen Budiansky: American historian journalist and author.
- Thom Hoffman: Dutch actor and photographer.
- Nicholas Shakespeare: English journalist and author.
- Ice Dance Championship at Colorado Spr won by Markham and Jones (GRB)
- Ice Pairs Championship at Colorado Springs won by Wagner and Paul (CAN)
- Worlds Ladies Figure Skating Champ in Colo Spr won by Carol Heiss (US)
- Mickey Wright wins LPGA Jacksonville Golf Open.
- Corry Brokken wins Eurovision Song festival with "Just as Then".
Which were the top hits in that special week of March 1957 ?
Top #8 songs in the USA
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?