Tuesday 3 March 1959
It was Tuesday, under the sign of Pisces. The US president was Dwight D. Eisenhower (Republican). In that special week of March people in US were listening to Stagger Lee by Lloyd Price.
In UK As I Love You by Shirley Bassey was in the top 5 hits.
The Journey, directed by Anatole Litvak, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1959
while The Ugly American by William J. Lederer and Eugene Burdick was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Or have a look at the whole 1959.
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 3 March 1959!
Which were the important events of 3 March 1959 ?
- United States - Bonza Bottler Day
- Bulgaria - Liberation Day.
- Malawi - Martyr's Day.
- Hinamatsuri - Japanese celebration day for girls.
- Dusko Vujosevic: Montenegrin basketball coach.
- Romeo Zondervan: Dutch soccer player (NAC).
- Ira Glass: American radio host and producer.
- Duško Vujošević: Montenegrin basketball player and coach.
- Lou Costello: Paterson, New Jersey -- Comedian / actor (Abbott and Costello).
- 1st US probe to enter solar orbit, Pioneer 4, launched
- British government arrests Hastings Banda of Nyasaland, ends emergency crisis.
- Pioneer 4 is launched; becomes first US probe to enter solar orbit.
Subscribe to our Newsletter
Which were the top hits in that special week of March 1959 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
- Lloyd Price - Stagger Lee
- Ritchie Valens - Donna
- The Coasters - Charlie Brown
- The Crests - 16 Candles
- Petite Fleur (Little Flower) - Chris Barber's Jazz Band
- LaVern Baker - I Cried A Tear
- Frankie Avalon - Venus
- Ray Anthony - Peter Gunn
- Bill Parsons - The All American Boy
- David Seville - Alvin's Harmonica
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?