Saturday 3 March 1973
It was Saturday, under the sign of Pisces. The US president was Richard Nixon (Republican). In that special week of March people in US were listening to Killing Me Softly With His Song by Roberta Flack.
In UK Blockbuster by The Sweet was in the top 5 hits.
The Long Goodbye, directed by Robert Altman, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1973
while Jonathan Livingston Seagull by Richard Bach was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Or have a look at the whole 1973.
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 3 March 1973!
Which were the important events of 3 March 1973 ?
- United States - Bonza Bottler Day
- Bulgaria - Liberation Day.
- Malawi - Martyr's Day.
- Hinamatsuri - Japanese celebration day for girls.
- Jim Mills: Tackle (San Diego Chargers).
- Victoria Nika Zdrok: Kiev, Ukraine -- Playmate (Oct, 1994).
- James Dexter: tackle (Arizona Cardinals).
- Cory Raymer: NFL center (Washington Redskins).
- Tisha Venturini in Modesto: California, USA; soccer midfielder (Olympics-1996).
- Winslow Oliver: running back (Carolina Panthers).
- Romans Vainsteins: Latvian cyclist
- Fabrizio Rongione: Belgian screenwriter, film producer and actor. He is of Italian heritage. He collaborated with Jean-Pierre and Luc Dardenne in Rosetta (1999), L’Enfant (2005), Lorna's Silence (2008), The Kid with a Bike (2011) and Two Days, One Night (2014). In 2002 he founded the film production company Eklektik Productions with Nicolas de Borman, Samuel Tilman and Stéphane Heymans.
- Alison King: TV Actress
- Xavier Bettel: Luxembourger lawyer and politician Prime Minister of Luxembourg
- Matthew Marsden: English actor and singer
- Victoria Zdrok: Ukrainian-American porn actress and model
- Shelter closes at John Golden Theater NYC after 31 performances
- White Sox Dick Allen signs 3 year contract for record $750,000
- Tottenham Hotspur wins the Football League Cup final at Wembley, beating Norwich City 1–0.
Which were the top hits in that special week of March 1973 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
- Roberta Flack - Killing Me Softly With His Song
- Deliverance - Dueling Banjos
- Edward Bear - Last Song
- Spinners - Could It Be I'm Falling In Love
- Elton John - Crocodile Rock
- Carly Simon - You're So Vain
- The O'Jays - Love Train
- Deodato - Also Sprach Zarathustra (2001)
- John Denver - Rocky Mountain High
- Lobo - Don't Expect Me To Be Your Friend
Get back in touch
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?