Saturday 3 March 2012
It was Saturday, under the sign of Pisces. The US president was Barack Obama (Democratic).
In that special week of March people in US were listening to Part Of Me by Katy Perry.
The Babymakers, directed by Jay Chandrasekhar, was one of the most viewed movies released in 2012
while The Hunger Games by Suzanne Collins was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching ArmComedy.
If you liked videogames you were probably playing Clay Jam or Darksiders II.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released this week ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 3 March 2012!
Which were the important events of 3 March 2012 ?
- United States - Bonza Bottler Day
- Bulgaria - Liberation Day.
- Malawi - Martyr's Day.
- Hinamatsuri - Japanese celebration day for girls.
Famous Birthdays:See famous people born on 03 March
- The United Nations demands that Syria allow in humanitarian aid after a Red Cross relief mission was denied access to Homs yesterday. (AFP via ''The Australian'')
- A suicide bomber kills at least two people and injures several others in the town of Deraa. (Reuters)
- At least three people are killed in a bombing that targeted a Republican Guard building in Badya, Yemen. (Al Jazeera)
- Australians living in the north-western Sydney suburbs of Richmond, Pitt Town and Grono Point are evacuated as the Nepean-Hawkesbury River system floods after Warragamba Dam overflows. (News Limited)
- The death toll from a tornado outbreak in the US reaches at least 36, with casualties reported in Kentucky, Indiana, Alabama, Georgia and Ohio. (CNN)
- Two trains crash in the small Polish town of Szczekociny near Zawiercie, with 13 people killed and up to 50 people injured. (Reuters via MSNBC)
- 50 people are killed and 27 injured in eastern Guinea after a lorry they were travelling in crashed. (AFP via Google)
- Egypt appoints new judges for the trial of 43 non-government organisation workers including six Americans who left earlier in the week. (''Washington Post'')
- The criminal case associated with the wreck of the ''Costa Concordia'' starts in Italy. (''New York Times'')
- Residents of Wukan in southern China that staged a revolt against officials hold council elections. (''China Daily'')
- Early returns in the Iranian legislative election show the conservative opponents of President Mahmoud Ahmadinejad doing well. (''The Guardian'')
- Authorities in Tajikistan close access to Facebook and sites with material critical of President Emomali Rakhmon. (RIA Novosti)
- Republican voters in the US state of Washington go to the polls for caucuses, with Mitt Romney winning. (AP via ''Houston Chronicle'')
Where were your ancestors 100 years before 3 March 2012
Discover their stories. Preserve your legacy.
Our team of professional genealogists provide full-service genealogical research for clients worldwide, helping them discover their roots and personal history through records, narratives, and DNA.
Which were the top hits in that special week of March 2012 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Make this date unforgettable
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?