Saturday 3 May 1913
It was Saturday, under the sign of Taurus. The US president was Woodrow Wilson (Democratic).
Raja Harishchandra, directed by Dhundiraj Govind Phalke, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1913
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Or have a look at the whole 1913.
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Which were the important events of 3 May 1913 ?
- Saint Apostle James the Lesser
- Black Madonna of Cz?stochowa Queen and Protector of Poland (since April 1, 1656)
- Antonia and Alexander (martyrs of 313)
- Saint Emily Bicchiere (1238 - 1314
- Saints Eventius and Alexander, Saint Theodulus (martyrs of 119)
- Saint Ansfrid (c. 1008)
- Saint Alexander I
- Saint Apostle Philip
- Feast of the Finding of the Holy Cross, aka the Invention of the True Cross.
- Discoflux (Discordianism).
- Constitution Day in Poland and Japan.
- World Press Freedom Day.
- Saint Juvenalis (d. 376)
- William M: Inge US playwright (Picnic-Pulitzer 1953).
- Auguste Mallet: France sport Champion.
- Sheila Birkenhead: British author and biographer.
- Earl Blackwell: Atlanta, Georgia -- Author (Celebrity Register).
- William Inge: American writer, a playwright and novelist who won the Pulitzer Prize 5/04/1953, and the Academy Award 4/19/1962 for his original screenplay of "Splendor In The Grass.
- Raja Harishchandra the first full-length Indian feature film is released, marking the beginning of the Indian film industry.
Subscribe to our Newsletter
Which were the top hits in that special week of May 1913 ?
Top #3 songs in the USA
- When I Lost You - Manuel Romain
- When I Waltz with You - Helen Clark
- On the Mississippi - Billy Murray
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?