Monday 3 May 1920
It was Monday, under the sign of Taurus. The US president was Woodrow Wilson (Democratic).
The Flapper, directed by Alan Crosland, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1920
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Or have a look at the whole 1920.
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Find out your future
Which were the important events of 3 May 1920 ?
- Saint Apostle James the Lesser
- Black Madonna of Cz?stochowa Queen and Protector of Poland (since April 1, 1656)
- Antonia and Alexander (martyrs of 313)
- Saint Emily Bicchiere (1238 - 1314
- Saints Eventius and Alexander, Saint Theodulus (martyrs of 119)
- Saint Ansfrid (c. 1008)
- Saint Alexander I
- Saint Apostle Philip
- Feast of the Finding of the Holy Cross, aka the Invention of the True Cross.
- Discoflux (Discordianism).
- Constitution Day in Poland and Japan.
- World Press Freedom Day.
- Saint Juvenalis (d. 376)
- John Lewis: American jazz pianist and composer (Modern Jazz Quartet) (d. 2001).
- A Bolshevik coup fails in the Democratic Republic of Georgia.
- Polish–Soviet War: Polish troops occupy Kiev. The government of the Ukrainian People's Republic returns to the city.
- Mexican Revolution: Venustiano Carranza leaves Mexico City in a large train.
Subscribe to our Newsletter
Which were the top hits in that special week of May 1920 ?
Top #2 songs in the USA
- Rose Room - Art Hickman & His Orchestra
- Oh How I Laugh When I Think That I Cried Over You - Nora Bayes
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?