Tuesday 3 May 1921
It was Tuesday, under the sign of Taurus. The US president was Warren G. Harding (Republican).
Carmen, directed by Ernst Lubitsch, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1921
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Or have a look at the whole 1921.
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Find out your future
Which were the important events of 3 May 1921 ?
- Saint Apostle James the Lesser
- Black Madonna of Cz?stochowa Queen and Protector of Poland (since April 1, 1656)
- Antonia and Alexander (martyrs of 313)
- Saint Emily Bicchiere (1238 - 1314
- Saints Eventius and Alexander, Saint Theodulus (martyrs of 119)
- Saint Ansfrid (c. 1008)
- Saint Alexander I
- Saint Apostle Philip
- Feast of the Finding of the Holy Cross, aka the Invention of the True Cross.
- Discoflux (Discordianism).
- Constitution Day in Poland and Japan.
- World Press Freedom Day.
- Saint Juvenalis (d. 376)
- Walter Starcke: American occult writer, the author of several books including "The Double Thread," 1976, "Homesick for Heaven: You Don’t Have to Wait," 1989, and his most recent work, "It’s All God: The Flowers and the Fertilizer.
- Sugar Robinson: American boxer, winner of the lightweight title in 1940 and the middleweight title in 1951.
- Sugar Ray Robinson: American boxer (d. 1989).
- Joe Ames: American singer (d. 2007).
- Theodore Pilette: Belgian racing driver (Born 1883).
- West Virginia imposes the first state sales tax.
Subscribe to our Newsletter
Which were the top hits in that special week of May 1921 ?
Top #5 songs in the USA
- My Mammy - Yerkes Jazarimba Orchestra
- Serenade - Efrem Zimbalist
- Why Worry? - Nora Bayes
- Bright Eyes - Leo Reisman & His Orchestra
- Happy Six - Do You Ever Think of Me?
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?