Monday 3 May 1926
It was Monday, under the sign of Taurus. The US president was Calvin Coolidge (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Ann Davis and Jane Fitch.
She, directed by Leander De Cordova, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1926
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Which were the important events of 3 May 1926 ?
- Saint Apostle James the Lesser
- Black Madonna of Cz?stochowa Queen and Protector of Poland (since April 1, 1656)
- Antonia and Alexander (martyrs of 313)
- Saint Emily Bicchiere (1238 - 1314
- Saints Eventius and Alexander, Saint Theodulus (martyrs of 119)
- Saint Ansfrid (c. 1008)
- Saint Alexander I
- Saint Apostle Philip
- Feast of the Finding of the Holy Cross, aka the Invention of the True Cross.
- Discoflux (Discordianism).
- Constitution Day in Poland and Japan.
- World Press Freedom Day.
- Saint Juvenalis (d. 376)
- Ann Davis: American actress and comedienne, known for her role as Schultzy in the TV sitcom "The Bob Cummings Show.
- Jane Fitch: American astrologer, a self-taught astrology buff for the past 23 years.
- Adolph Posnick: Canadian executive and CEO of Ferro, a specialty materials maker.
- Matt Baldwin: Canadian curler and engineer.
- Herbert Blau: American engineer and academic (d. 2013).
- Napoleon V Bonaparte: French pretender to the throne, dies at age 63.
- Pulitzer prize awarded to Sinclair Lewis (Arrowsmith)
- British general strike-3 million workers support miners.
- US marines land in Nicaragua (9 months after leaving), stay until 1933.
- the coal miners are locked-out in Britain.
Which were the top hits in that special week of May 1926 ?
Top #3 songs in the USA
- That Certain Feeling - Paul Whiteman & His Orchestra
- I Love My Baby - Fred Waring's Pennsylvanians
- Only a Rose - Carolyn Thompson
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?