Thursday 3 May 1934
It was Thursday, under the sign of Taurus. The US president was Franklin D. Roosevelt (Democratic).
Blue Steel, directed by Robert Bradbury, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1934
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Which were the most popular TV series released this week ?
Find out your future
Which were the important events of 3 May 1934 ?
- Saint Apostle James the Lesser
- Black Madonna of Cz?stochowa Queen and Protector of Poland (since April 1, 1656)
- Antonia and Alexander (martyrs of 313)
- Saint Emily Bicchiere (1238 - 1314
- Saints Eventius and Alexander, Saint Theodulus (martyrs of 119)
- Saint Ansfrid (c. 1008)
- Saint Alexander I
- Saint Apostle Philip
- Feast of the Finding of the Holy Cross, aka the Invention of the True Cross.
- Discoflux (Discordianism).
- Constitution Day in Poland and Japan.
- World Press Freedom Day.
- Saint Juvenalis (d. 376)
- Georges Moustaki: French singer-songwriter of Greek origin, best known for his poetic rhythm, simplicity and composer of romantic songs.
- Andrée Chauleur: French archivist, author of the books "Bibliotheques et archives: Comment se documenter?" (1978) and "De Dagobert a de Gaulle: Ecritures de la France" (1985).
- Georg Kroll: Composer.
- Henry Cooper: British pro boxer for 17 years with his first recognition by age 18.
- Frankie Valli: American musician, the lead singer with the Four Seasons as well as a solo artist.
- Bradman scores 206 Aust vs. Worcestershire, 210 mins, 27 fours
Subscribe to our Newsletter
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?