Thursday 3 May 1934
It was Thursday, under the sign of Taurus. The US president was Franklin D. Roosevelt (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Georg Kroll and Andrée Chauleur.
Blue Steel, directed by Robert Bradbury, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1934
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Find out your future
Which were the important events of 3 May 1934 ?
- Saint Apostle James the Lesser
- Black Madonna of Cz?stochowa Queen and Protector of Poland (since April 1, 1656)
- Antonia and Alexander (martyrs of 313)
- Saint Emily Bicchiere (1238 - 1314
- Saints Eventius and Alexander, Saint Theodulus (martyrs of 119)
- Saint Ansfrid (c. 1008)
- Saint Alexander I
- Saint Apostle Philip
- Feast of the Finding of the Holy Cross, aka the Invention of the True Cross.
- Discoflux (Discordianism).
- Constitution Day in Poland and Japan.
- World Press Freedom Day.
- Saint Juvenalis (d. 376)
- Georg Kroll: Composer.
- Andrée Chauleur: French archivist, author of the books "Bibliotheques et archives: Comment se documenter?" (1978) and "De Dagobert a de Gaulle: Ecritures de la France" (1985).
- Henry Cooper: British pro boxer for 17 years with his first recognition by age 18.
- Georges Moustaki: French singer-songwriter of Greek origin, best known for his poetic rhythm, simplicity and composer of romantic songs.
- Frankie Valli: American musician, the lead singer with the Four Seasons as well as a solo artist.
- Bradman scores 206 Aust vs. Worcestershire, 210 mins, 27 fours
Where were your ancestors 100 years before 3 May 1934
Discover their stories. Preserve your legacy.
Our team of professional genealogists provide full-service genealogical research for clients worldwide, helping them discover their roots and personal history through records, narratives, and DNA.
Make this date unforgettable
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?