Thursday 3 May 1945
It was Thursday, under the sign of Taurus. The US president was Harry S. Truman (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Jörg Drehmel and Davey Lopes.
Blood on the Sun, directed by Frank Lloyd, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1945
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Which were the important events of 3 May 1945 ?
- Saint Apostle James the Lesser
- Black Madonna of Cz?stochowa Queen and Protector of Poland (since April 1, 1656)
- Antonia and Alexander (martyrs of 313)
- Saint Emily Bicchiere (1238 - 1314
- Saints Eventius and Alexander, Saint Theodulus (martyrs of 119)
- Saint Ansfrid (c. 1008)
- Saint Alexander I
- Saint Apostle Philip
- Feast of the Finding of the Holy Cross, aka the Invention of the True Cross.
- Discoflux (Discordianism).
- Constitution Day in Poland and Japan.
- World Press Freedom Day.
- Saint Juvenalis (d. 376)
- Jörg Drehmel: German triple jumper and coach.
- Davey Lopes: American baseball player coach and manager.
- Louis L H de Visser: Dutch Member of Parliament (CPN), dies at age 66.
- 1st Polish armour brigade occupies Wilhelmshafen
- German ship Cap Arcona sinks in East Sea, 5,800 killed
- Allies arrest German nuclear physicist Werner Heisenberg.
- British troops join in attack on Rangoon, Burma.
- World War II: Sinking of the prison ships Cap Arcona, Thielbek and Deutschland by the Royal Air Force in Lubeck Bay.
- Rocket scientist Wernher von Braun and 120 members of his team surrender to U.S. forces (later going on to help to start the U.S. space program).
- German Protestant theologian Gerhard Kittel is arrested by the French forces in Tübingen, Germany.
Where were your ancestors 100 years before 3 May 1945
Discover their stories. Preserve your legacy.
Our team of professional genealogists provide full-service genealogical research for clients worldwide, helping them discover their roots and personal history through records, narratives, and DNA.
Which were the top hits in that special week of May 1945 ?
Top #6 songs in the USA
- Erskine Hawkins & His Orchestra - Tippin' In
- All of My Life - Three Suns
- Sentimental Journey - Hal McIntyre & His Orchestra
- Spike Jones & His City Slickers - Chloe
- Ella Fitzgerald & Ink Spots - I'm Beginning To See The Light
- Laura - Freddy Martin & His Orchestra
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Make this date unforgettable
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?