Saturday 3 May 1952
It was Saturday, under the sign of Taurus. The US president was Harry S. Truman (Democratic).
Scaramouche, directed by George Sidney, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1952
while My Cousin Rachel by Daphne du Maurier was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Or have a look at the whole 1952.
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Which were the important events of 3 May 1952 ?
- Saint Apostle James the Lesser
- Black Madonna of Cz?stochowa Queen and Protector of Poland (since April 1, 1656)
- Antonia and Alexander (martyrs of 313)
- Saint Emily Bicchiere (1238 - 1314
- Saints Eventius and Alexander, Saint Theodulus (martyrs of 119)
- Saint Ansfrid (c. 1008)
- Saint Alexander I
- Saint Apostle Philip
- Feast of the Finding of the Holy Cross, aka the Invention of the True Cross.
- Discoflux (Discordianism).
- Constitution Day in Poland and Japan.
- World Press Freedom Day.
- Saint Juvenalis (d. 376)
- Charles Baldwin: American political figure.
- Chuck Baldwin: American pastor and politician.
- Caitlin Clarke: Caitlin Clarke.
- Allen Wells: England, United Kingdom -- 100m dash (1980 Olympics - Gold Medalist).
- Martin Bouygues: French busynessman, chairman and chief executive officer of Bouygues Company, specialized in construction and telecoms/media (private channel TF1), founded by his father, Francis, in 1952.
- Allan Wells: British athlete
- Call Me Madam closes at Imperial Theater NYC after 644 performances
- 1st landing by an airplane at geographic North Pole
- 78th Kentucky Derby: Eddie Arcaro aboard Hill Gail wins in 2:01.6.
- Lieutenant Colonels Joseph O. Fletcher and William P. Benedict of the United States land a plane at the North Pole.
Subscribe to our Newsletter
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?