Tuesday 3 May 1960
It was Tuesday, under the sign of Taurus. The US president was Dwight D. Eisenhower (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Amy Steel and Jacinte Giscard d'Estaing.
In that special week of May people in US were listening to Stuck On You by Elvis Presley.
In UK Cathy's Clown by The Everly Brothers was in the top 5 hits.
The Rickshaw Man, directed by Hiroshi Inagaki, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1960
while Advise And Consent by Allen Drury was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching An Age of Kings.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Which were the important events of 3 May 1960 ?
- Saint Apostle James the Lesser
- Black Madonna of Cz?stochowa Queen and Protector of Poland (since April 1, 1656)
- Antonia and Alexander (martyrs of 313)
- Saint Emily Bicchiere (1238 - 1314
- Saints Eventius and Alexander, Saint Theodulus (martyrs of 119)
- Saint Ansfrid (c. 1008)
- Saint Alexander I
- Saint Apostle Philip
- Feast of the Finding of the Holy Cross, aka the Invention of the True Cross.
- Discoflux (Discordianism).
- Constitution Day in Poland and Japan.
- World Press Freedom Day.
- Saint Juvenalis (d. 376)
- Amy Steel: American actress.
- Jacinte Giscard d'Estaing: French veterinarian, and the daughter of Valéry Giscard d'Estaing who served as President of the French Republic from 1974 until 1981.
- Geraint Davies: English businessman and politician.
- Kathy Smallwood-Cook: English sprinter and educator.
- The Off-Broadway musical comedy, The Fantasticks, opens in New York City's Greenwich Village, eventually becoming the longest-running musical of all time.
Where were your ancestors 100 years before 3 May 1960
Discover their stories. Preserve your legacy.
Our team of professional genealogists provide full-service genealogical research for clients worldwide, helping them discover their roots and personal history through records, narratives, and DNA.
Which were the top hits in that special week of May 1960 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
- Elvis Presley - Stuck On You
- The Brothers Four - Greenfields
- Connie Stevens - Sixteen Reasons
- Johnny Horton - Sink The Bismarck
- The Browns - The Old Lamplighter
- Jackie Wilson - Night
- Johnny Preston - Cradle Of Love
- Billy Bland - Let The Little Girl Dance
- Percy Faith - The Theme From A Summer Place
- Brenda Lee - Sweet Nothin's
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Make this date unforgettable
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?