Wednesday 3 May 1961
It was Wednesday, under the sign of Taurus. The US president was John F. Kennedy (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Rémi Charmasson and Steve McClaren.
In that special week of May people in US were listening to Runaway by Del Shannon.
In UK Blue Moon by The Marcels was in the top 5 hits.
Two Women, directed by Vittorio De Sica, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1961
while The Agony And The Ecstasy by Irving Stone was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching The Ernie Kovacs Show.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Which were the important events of 3 May 1961 ?
- Saint Apostle James the Lesser
- Black Madonna of Cz?stochowa Queen and Protector of Poland (since April 1, 1656)
- Antonia and Alexander (martyrs of 313)
- Saint Emily Bicchiere (1238 - 1314
- Saints Eventius and Alexander, Saint Theodulus (martyrs of 119)
- Saint Ansfrid (c. 1008)
- Saint Alexander I
- Saint Apostle Philip
- Feast of the Finding of the Holy Cross, aka the Invention of the True Cross.
- Discoflux (Discordianism).
- Constitution Day in Poland and Japan.
- World Press Freedom Day.
- Saint Juvenalis (d. 376)
- Rémi Charmasson: French guitarist, leader of the Rémi Charmasson jazz quintet.
- Steve McClaren: English footballer and manager.
- Joe Murray: American animator producer and screenwriter.
- David Vitter: American politician, junior senator of Louisiana.
- Leyla Zana: Kurdish activist and politician.
- Maurice [Jean Jacques] Merleau-Ponty: French philosopher, dies at age 53.
- Warren Spahn pitches a two hitter after pitching a no hitter.
Where were your ancestors 100 years before 3 May 1961
Discover their stories. Preserve your legacy.
Our team of professional genealogists provide full-service genealogical research for clients worldwide, helping them discover their roots and personal history through records, narratives, and DNA.
Which were the top hits in that special week of May 1961 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
- Del Shannon - Runaway
- Ernie K-Doe - Mother-In-Law
- Linda Scott - I've Told Every Little Star
- Gene McDaniels - A Hundred Pounds Of Clay
- The Marcels - Blue Moon
- Clarence Frogman Henry - But I Do
- Adam Wade - Take Good Care Of Her
- Ray Charles - One Mint Julep
- Brenda Lee - You Can Depend On Me
- Floyd Cramer - On The Rebound
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Make this date unforgettable
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?