Thursday 3 May 1962
It was Thursday, under the sign of Taurus. The US president was John F. Kennedy (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Anthony Gilligan and Anders Graneheim.
In that special week of May people in US were listening to Soldier Boy by The Shirelles.
In UK Wonderful Land by The Shadows was in the top 5 hits.
Mothra, directed by Inoshiro Honda, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1962
while Ship Of Fools by Katherine Anne Porter was one of the best selling books.
If you liked videogames you were probably playing Spacewar!.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Or have a look at the whole 1962.
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Which were the important events of 3 May 1962 ?
- Saint Apostle James the Lesser
- Black Madonna of Cz?stochowa Queen and Protector of Poland (since April 1, 1656)
- Antonia and Alexander (martyrs of 313)
- Saint Emily Bicchiere (1238 - 1314
- Saints Eventius and Alexander, Saint Theodulus (martyrs of 119)
- Saint Ansfrid (c. 1008)
- Saint Alexander I
- Saint Apostle Philip
- Feast of the Finding of the Holy Cross, aka the Invention of the True Cross.
- Discoflux (Discordianism).
- Constitution Day in Poland and Japan.
- World Press Freedom Day.
- Saint Juvenalis (d. 376)
- Anthony Gilligan: Penrith, Western Australia -- Australasia golfer.
- Anders Graneheim: Swedish bodybuilder.
- Express train crashes into wreckage of a commuter train and a freight, killing 163, injuring 400 (Tokyo, Japan).
- 160 die in a triple-train disaster near Tokyo.
Which were the top hits in that special week of May 1962 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
- The Shirelles - Soldier Boy
- Dee Dee Sharp - Mashed Potato Time
- Shelley Fabares - Johnny Angel
- Mr. Acker Bilk - Stranger On The Shore
- Elvis Presley - Good Luck Charm
- Joey Dee and the Starliters - Shout - Part 1
- Clyde McPhatter - Lover Please
- Chubby Checker - Slow Twistin'
- Jimmy Dean - P.T. 109
- Gary U.S. Bonds - Twist, Twist Senora
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?