Friday 3 May 1963
It was Friday, under the sign of Taurus. The US president was John F. Kennedy (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Jamie Reeves and Jeff Hornacek.
In that special week of May people in US were listening to I Will Follow Him by Little Peggy March.
In UK How Do You Do It? by Gerry & The Pacemakers was in the top 5 hits.
Dr. No, directed by Terence Young, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1963
while Raise High The Roof Beam, Carpenters by J.D was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching Curd Jürgens erzählt....
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Which were the important events of 3 May 1963 ?
- Saint Apostle James the Lesser
- Black Madonna of Cz?stochowa Queen and Protector of Poland (since April 1, 1656)
- Antonia and Alexander (martyrs of 313)
- Saint Emily Bicchiere (1238 - 1314
- Saints Eventius and Alexander, Saint Theodulus (martyrs of 119)
- Saint Ansfrid (c. 1008)
- Saint Alexander I
- Saint Apostle Philip
- Feast of the Finding of the Holy Cross, aka the Invention of the True Cross.
- Discoflux (Discordianism).
- Constitution Day in Poland and Japan.
- World Press Freedom Day.
- Saint Juvenalis (d. 376)
- Jamie Reeves: British strongman.
- Jeff Hornacek: American basketball player, known for his off-balance shots and sweet ability to sink three-point shots.
- Marco Mendoza: American guitarist (The Dead Daisies).
- Mona Siddiqui: Pakistani-Scottish journalist and academic.
- Martin Luther King Jr delivers his I have a dream speech
- Leslie Narum is the only Baltimore Orioles' player to homer on his first at bat.
- The police force in Birmingham, Alabama switches tactics and responds with violent force to stop the ''Birmingham campaign'' protesters. Images of the violent suppression are transmitted worldwide, bringing newfound attention to the African-American Civil Rights Movement.
Which were the top hits in that special week of May 1963 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
- Little Peggy March - I Will Follow Him
- Andy Williams - Can't Get Used To Losing You
- Peter, Paul & Mary - Puff (The Magic Dragon)
- Chantay's - Pipeline
- The Chiffons - He's So Fine
- Jimmy Soul - If You Wanna Be Happy
- The Cookies - Don't Say Nothin' Bad (About My Baby)
- The Beach Boys - Surfin' U.S.A.
- The Drifters - On Broadway
- Mongo Santamaria Band - Watermelon Man
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?