Tuesday 3 May 1966
It was Tuesday, under the sign of Taurus. The US president was Lyndon B. Johnson (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Darren Morgan and Paul Stevenson in Victoria.
In that special week of May people in US were listening to Monday, Monday by The Mamas & The Papas.
In UK Pretty Flamingo by Manfred Mann was in the top 5 hits.
Arabesque, directed by Stanley Donen, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1966
while Valley Of The Dolls by Jacqueline Susann was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching Förster Horn.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Which were the important events of 3 May 1966 ?
- Saint Apostle James the Lesser
- Black Madonna of Cz?stochowa Queen and Protector of Poland (since April 1, 1656)
- Antonia and Alexander (martyrs of 313)
- Saint Emily Bicchiere (1238 - 1314
- Saints Eventius and Alexander, Saint Theodulus (martyrs of 119)
- Saint Ansfrid (c. 1008)
- Saint Alexander I
- Saint Apostle Philip
- Feast of the Finding of the Holy Cross, aka the Invention of the True Cross.
- Discoflux (Discordianism).
- Constitution Day in Poland and Japan.
- World Press Freedom Day.
- Saint Juvenalis (d. 376)
- Darren Morgan: Welsh snooker player.
- Paul Stevenson in Victoria: Australia; badminton player (Olympics-1996).
- Peter Abbay: American actor.
- Firdous Bamji: Indian-American actor.
- Giorgos Agorogiannis: Greek footballer.
- Frank Dietrich: German politician (d. 2011)
- Wylie Watson: Dies at 77.
- WDHO (now WNWO) TV channel 24 in Toledo, OH (ABC) begins broadcasting
- Swinging Radio England and Britain Radio commence broadcasting on AM, with a combined potential 100,000 watts, from the same ship anchored off the south coast of England in international waters.
Which were the top hits in that special week of May 1966 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
- The Mamas & The Papas - Monday, Monday
- Young Rascals - Good Lovin'
- The Beach Boys - Sloop John B
- The Righteous Brothers - (You're My) Soul And Inspiration
- Paul Revere and the Raiders - Kicks
- Johnny Rivers - Secret Agent Man
- Bob Dylan - Rainy Day Women #12 & 35
- Cher - Bang Bang (My Baby Shot Me Down)
- Herman's Hermits - Leaning On The Lamp Post
- The Shadows Of Knight - Gloria
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?