Friday 3 May 1968
It was Friday, under the sign of Taurus. The US president was Lyndon B. Johnson (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Deborah Caprioglio and Jay Darlington in London.
In that special week of May people in US were listening to Honey by Bobby Goldsboro.
In UK What A Wonderful World / Cabaret by Louis Armstrong was in the top 5 hits.
The Odd Couple, directed by Gene Saks, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1968
while The Tower Of Babel by Morris West was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching Anker auf und Leinen los!.
If you liked videogames you were probably playing Hamurabi.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Or have a look at the whole 1968.
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Which were the important events of 3 May 1968 ?
- Saint Apostle James the Lesser
- Black Madonna of Cz?stochowa Queen and Protector of Poland (since April 1, 1656)
- Antonia and Alexander (martyrs of 313)
- Saint Emily Bicchiere (1238 - 1314
- Saints Eventius and Alexander, Saint Theodulus (martyrs of 119)
- Saint Ansfrid (c. 1008)
- Saint Alexander I
- Saint Apostle Philip
- Feast of the Finding of the Holy Cross, aka the Invention of the True Cross.
- Discoflux (Discordianism).
- Constitution Day in Poland and Japan.
- World Press Freedom Day.
- Saint Juvenalis (d. 376)
- Deborah Caprioglio: Miestre, Italy -- Actress (Big Game Hunter).
- Jay Darlington in London: England; keyboardist (Kula Shaker).
- Shane Minor: American singer.
- Debora Caprioglio: Italian actress, best known internationally for playing the title character in the 1991 film "Paprika" by Tinto Brass and for being Klaus Kinski's wife from 1987–1989.
- Leonid Leonidovich Sabaneyev: Composer, dies at 86.
- Holland Pirate Radio Station VRON becomes Radio Veronica International
- Braniff Flight 352 crashes near Dawson, Texas killing all 85 persons on board.
Which were the top hits in that special week of May 1968 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
- Bobby Goldsboro - Honey
- The Box Tops - Cry Like A Baby
- Union Gap - Young Girl
- The Beatles - Lady Madonna
- Archie Bell & The Drells - Tighten Up
- James Brown - I Got The Feelin'
- The Intruders - Cowboys To Girls
- Hugo Montenegro - The Good, The Bad And The Ugly
- The Rascals - A Beautiful Morning
- The Irish Rovers - The Unicorn
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?