Monday 3 May 1971
It was Monday, under the sign of Taurus. The US president was Richard Nixon (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include James Roberson and Damon Dash.
In that special week of May people in US were listening to Joy To The World by Three Dog Night.
In UK Knock Three Times by Dawn was in the top 5 hits.
Billy Jack, directed by T.C. Frank, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1971
while The Passions Of The Mind by Irving Stone was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching Von Liebe keine Rede.
If you liked videogames you were probably playing Computer Space or The Oregon Trail.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Which were the important events of 3 May 1971 ?
- Saint Apostle James the Lesser
- Black Madonna of Cz?stochowa Queen and Protector of Poland (since April 1, 1656)
- Antonia and Alexander (martyrs of 313)
- Saint Emily Bicchiere (1238 - 1314
- Saints Eventius and Alexander, Saint Theodulus (martyrs of 119)
- Saint Ansfrid (c. 1008)
- Saint Alexander I
- Saint Apostle Philip
- Feast of the Finding of the Holy Cross, aka the Invention of the True Cross.
- Discoflux (Discordianism).
- Constitution Day in Poland and Japan.
- World Press Freedom Day.
- Saint Juvenalis (d. 376)
- James Roberson: defensive end (Tennessee Oilers).
- Damon Dash: American label executive.
- Douglas Carswell: English politician.
- Josey Scott: American singer-songwriter and guitarist (Saliva).
- All Things Considered premieres on 112 National Public Radio stations
- National Public Radio begins programming; 112 NPR stations premiere All Things Considered.
- Nixon administration arrests 13,000 anti-war protesters in 3 days
- Pulitzer prize awarded to John Toland (Rising Sun)
- US federal administration arrests 13,000 anti-war protesters in three days.
- Erich Honecker succeeds Walter Ulbricht as East German party leader.
Where were your ancestors 100 years before 3 May 1971
Discover their stories. Preserve your legacy.
Our team of professional genealogists provide full-service genealogical research for clients worldwide, helping them discover their roots and personal history through records, narratives, and DNA.
Which were the top hits in that special week of May 1971 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
- Three Dog Night - Joy To The World
- Jackson 5 - Never Can Say Goodbye
- Ocean - Put Your Hand In The Hand
- Neil Diamond - I Am.. I Said
- Bread - If
- Marvin Gaye - What's Going On
- The Bells - Stay Awhile
- Aretha Franklin - Bridge Over Troubled Water
- Daddy Dewdrop - Chick-A-Boom (Don't Ya Jes' Love It)
- Lobo - Me And You And A Dog Named Boo
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Make this date unforgettable
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?