Thursday 3 May 1973
It was Thursday, under the sign of Taurus. The US president was Richard Nixon (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Michel Traveller and Dominique Monami in Verviers.
In that special week of May people in US were listening to Tie A Yellow Ribbon Round The Ole Oak Tree by Dawn.
In UK Tie A Yellow Ribbon Round The Old Oak Tree by Dawn featuring Tony Orlando was in the top 5 hits.
Paper Moon, directed by Peter Bogdanovich, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1973
while The Odessa File by Frederick Forsyth was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching Neues vom Kleinstadtbahnhof.
If you liked videogames you were probably playing Lunar Lander or TREK73.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Or have a look at the whole 1973.
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Which were the important events of 3 May 1973 ?
- Saint Apostle James the Lesser
- Black Madonna of Cz?stochowa Queen and Protector of Poland (since April 1, 1656)
- Antonia and Alexander (martyrs of 313)
- Saint Emily Bicchiere (1238 - 1314
- Saints Eventius and Alexander, Saint Theodulus (martyrs of 119)
- Saint Ansfrid (c. 1008)
- Saint Alexander I
- Saint Apostle Philip
- Feast of the Finding of the Holy Cross, aka the Invention of the True Cross.
- Discoflux (Discordianism).
- Constitution Day in Poland and Japan.
- World Press Freedom Day.
- Saint Juvenalis (d. 376)
- Michel Traveller: soccer player (Ajax).
- Dominique Monami in Verviers: Belgium; tennis star.
- Rea Garvey: Irish musician.
- Brad Martin: American musician.
- Arno Kolenbrander: Dutch singer.
- Jamie Baulch: English sprinter and television host
- Chicago's Sears Tower, world's tallest building (443 metres), tops out.
- The Sears Tower in Chicago is topped out as the world's tallest building.
- Shambu Tamang becomes the youngest person to climb to the summit of Mount Everest. amp!--confirmed in Shambu Tamang--amp
- Sunderland AFC defeats Leeds United A.F.C. in the FA Cup final.
- Secretariat wins the Kentucky Derby.
- Led Zeppelin plays before 56,800 persons at Tampa Stadium (breaking the attendance record of 55,600 set by The Beatles at Shea Stadium on August 15, 1965) on the band's 1973 North American Tour.
Which were the top hits in that special week of May 1973 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
- Dawn - Tie A Yellow Ribbon Round The Ole Oak Tree
- War - The Cisco Kid
- The Sweet - Little Willy
- Stevie Wonder - You Are The Sunshine Of My Life
- Vicki Lawrence - The Night The Lights Went Out In Georgia
- Dobie Gray - Drift Away
- Stealers Wheel - Stuck In The Middle With You
- Donny Osmond - The Twelfth Of Never
- Carpenters - Sing
- Edgar Winter - Frankenstein
Top #8 songs in the UK
- Dawn featuring Tony Orlando - Tie A Yellow Ribbon Round The Old Oak Tree
- The Sweet - Hell Raiser
- Gilbert O'Sullivan - Get Down
- Gary Glitter - Hello Hello I'm Back Again
- Wizzard - See My Baby Jive
- I'm A Clown / Some Kind Of Summer - David Cassidy
- Roger Daltrey - Giving It All Away
- Tweedle Dee - Little Jimmy Osmond
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?