Friday 3 May 1996
It was Friday, under the sign of Taurus. The US president was Bill Clinton (Democratic). In that special week of May people in US were listening to Always Be My Baby by Mariah Carey.
In UK Return Of The Mack by Mark Morrison was in the top 5 hits.
Twister, directed by Jan de Bont, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1996
while The Beast From the East by R.L. Stine was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Or have a look at the whole 1996.
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Which were the important events of 3 May 1996 ?
- Saint Apostle James the Lesser
- Black Madonna of Cz?stochowa Queen and Protector of Poland (since April 1, 1656)
- Antonia and Alexander (martyrs of 313)
- Saint Emily Bicchiere (1238 - 1314
- Saints Eventius and Alexander, Saint Theodulus (martyrs of 119)
- Saint Ansfrid (c. 1008)
- Saint Alexander I
- Saint Apostle Philip
- Feast of the Finding of the Holy Cross, aka the Invention of the True Cross.
- Discoflux (Discordianism).
- Constitution Day in Poland and Japan.
- World Press Freedom Day.
- Saint Juvenalis (d. 376)
Famous Birthdays:03 May
- Martin Moxon and Michael Vaughan make 362 first wickett Yorks versus Glam.
Which were the top hits in that special week of May 1996 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
- Mariah Carey - Always Be My Baby
- Celine Dion - Because You Loved Me
- Tony Rich Project - Nobody Knows
- Alanis Morissette - Ironic
- 1,2,3,4 (Sumptin' New) - Coolio
- SWV - You're The One
- R. Kelly - Down Low (Nobody Has To Know)
- Whitney Houston - Count On Me
- Busta Rhymes - Woo-Hah! Got You All In Check
- Gin Blossoms - Follow You Down
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?