Wednesday 3 May 2006
It was Wednesday, under the sign of Taurus. The US president was George W. Bush (Republican). In that special week of May people in US were listening to Bad Day by Daniel Powter.
In UK Crazy by Gnarls Barkley was in the top 5 hits.
Mission: Impossible III, directed by J.J. Abrams, was one of the most viewed movies released in 2006
while The Da Vinci Code by Dan Brown was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Which were the important events of 3 May 2006 ?
- Saint Apostle James the Lesser
- Black Madonna of Cz?stochowa Queen and Protector of Poland (since April 1, 1656)
- Antonia and Alexander (martyrs of 313)
- Saint Emily Bicchiere (1238 - 1314
- Saints Eventius and Alexander, Saint Theodulus (martyrs of 119)
- Saint Ansfrid (c. 1008)
- Saint Alexander I
- Saint Apostle Philip
- Feast of the Finding of the Holy Cross, aka the Invention of the True Cross.
- Discoflux (Discordianism).
- Constitution Day in Poland and Japan.
- World Press Freedom Day.
- Saint Juvenalis (d. 376)
Famous Birthdays:See famous people born on 03 May
- Zacarias Moussaoui is sentenced to life in prison in Alexandria, Virginia.
- Armavia Flight 967 crashes into the Black Sea, killing 113 people on board, with no survivors.
- Villagers from the People's Front in Defense of Land in San Salvador Atenco, Mexico, blockade the highway to Texcoco, in support of local flower vendors. '''Massive violence''' from State Polices ensues.
- German hostages René Bräunlich and Thomas Nitzschke returned home to Germany. They landed safe on a governmental aircraft at 2:24 pm in Berlin-Tegel. (BBC)
- Nepal Civil War: The Nepalese cabinet declares a cease-fire with Maoist rebels and announces that they will no longer consider them a terrorist group. The government urges the rebels to open peace talks. (Reuters)
- The Iranian author Ramin Jahanbegloo is arrested in Tehran. (BBC)
- In Chad, opposition parties boycott the 2006 presidential election and voter turnout is ampquotextremely lowampquot. Results are not due for another 10 days, but President Idriss Deby is expected to win. (BBC)
Subscribe to our Newsletter
Which were the top hits in that special week of May 2006 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
Retro and Vintage gifts
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?