Saturday 3 May 2008
It was Saturday, under the sign of Taurus. The US president was George W. Bush (Republican). In that special week of May people in US were listening to Lollipop by Lil Wayne.
In UK American Boy by Estelle featuring Kanye West was in the top 5 hits.
What Happens in Vegas, directed by Tom Vaughan, was one of the most viewed movies released in 2008
while A New Earth by Eckhart Tolle was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Which were the important events of 3 May 2008 ?
- Saint Apostle James the Lesser
- Black Madonna of Cz?stochowa Queen and Protector of Poland (since April 1, 1656)
- Antonia and Alexander (martyrs of 313)
- Saint Emily Bicchiere (1238 - 1314
- Saints Eventius and Alexander, Saint Theodulus (martyrs of 119)
- Saint Ansfrid (c. 1008)
- Saint Alexander I
- Saint Apostle Philip
- Feast of the Finding of the Holy Cross, aka the Invention of the True Cross.
- Discoflux (Discordianism).
- Constitution Day in Poland and Japan.
- World Press Freedom Day.
- Saint Juvenalis (d. 376)
- Isabel Lieberstein: American child of noted parent, actress Angela Kinsey and her husband, TV writer Warren Lieberstein.
- Leopoldo Calvo Sotelo: Spanish former Prime Minister (Born 1926).
- At Churchill Downs in Louisville, Kentucky, USA, the 134th running of the Kentucky Derby is held. Race favorite Big Brown wins by nearly five lengths. Second place finisher Eight Belles broke both front ankles, and was immediately euthanized. Race attendance was 157,770, the second-largest in history of the race.
- Over 133,000 in Burma/Myanmar are killed by Cyclone Nargis, the deadliest natural disaster since the Boxing Day Tsunami in 2004.
- Microsoft withdraws its bid for Yahoo! after the two companies fail to reach agreement on a price. (''The New York Times'')
- At least 18 prisoners are killed during a fight in a jail in Tegucigalpa, the capital of Honduras. This follows the recent deaths of nine prisoners in a riot in San Pedro Sula with both riots being blamed on overcrowding and gang rivalry. (BBC News)
- In Chilean Patagonia, almost all Chaitén's inhabitants flee the capital city of Palena Province when a nearby volcano erupts after being inactive for 450 years. (''The Telegraph'')
Subscribe to our Newsletter
Which were the top hits in that special week of May 2008 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
Retro and Vintage gifts
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?