Thursday 3 May 2012
It was Thursday, under the sign of Taurus. The US president was Barack Obama (Democratic). In that special week of May people in US were listening to Somebody That I Used To Know by Gotye.
LOL, directed by Lisa Azuelos, was one of the most viewed movies released in 2012
while The Hunger Games by Suzanne Collins was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Or have a look at the whole 2012.
Which were the most popular movies released this week ?
Which were the most popular TV series released this week ?
Find out your future
Which were the important events of 3 May 2012 ?
- Saint Apostle James the Lesser
- Black Madonna of Cz?stochowa Queen and Protector of Poland (since April 1, 1656)
- Antonia and Alexander (martyrs of 313)
- Saint Emily Bicchiere (1238 - 1314
- Saints Eventius and Alexander, Saint Theodulus (martyrs of 119)
- Saint Ansfrid (c. 1008)
- Saint Alexander I
- Saint Apostle Philip
- Feast of the Finding of the Holy Cross, aka the Invention of the True Cross.
- Discoflux (Discordianism).
- Constitution Day in Poland and Japan.
- World Press Freedom Day.
- Saint Juvenalis (d. 376)
Famous Birthdays:See famous people born on 03 May
- 34 people are killed in raids by gunmen opposed to the burning of a colleague at a cattle market in northern Nigeria. (AP via Google News)
- Seven people are killed and 30 injured in explosions near a police post in Makhachkala, Dagestan, southern Russia. (euronews)
- Activists say four students are killed in an attack on anti-government demonstrations at a Aleppo University, Syria. (Al Jazeera)
- Farhan Jeemis Abdulle, a Somali journalist and well-known local reporter for Radio Daljir is shot and killed by an unidentified gunman in Galkayo while walking to his home district of Garsor. Puntland authorities arrived on scene to investigate the killing but no arrests have been made. Abdulle is the fifth journalist to be murdered in Somalia this year, and the second in Galkayo. (Shabelle Media Network)
- The 59th National Film Awards is held in New Delhi with ''Deool'' and ''Byari'' winning the Award for Best Feature Film. (''Deccan Herald'')
- At least 15 die and 21 are injured when a bus plunges into a ravine in a mountainous region of northern Pakistan. (AFP via ''The Telegraph'')
- Four dismembered bodies, including two of journalists, are found in the Mexican state of Veracruz. (CNN)
- The Argentine Chamber of Deputies approves the bill submitted by President Cristina Fernández de Kirchner to nationalize 51% of YPF by a 207-32 vote. (Reuters)
- Chinese dissident Chen Guangcheng telephones the U.S. Congress for help in his attempts to leave China with his family. (BBC)
- 2012 Malian coup d'état: The Economic Community of West African States pledges to send troops to Mali if the country agrees. (AFP via Google News)
- Bahrain's King Hamad bin Isa Al Khalifa grants new powers to parliament. (Al Jazeera)
- Voters in the United Kingdom go to the polls for local elections with the opposition Labour Party expected to do well. (BBC)
- Haiti's Chamber of Deputies appoints Laurent Lamothe as the new Prime Minister ending a two month standoff with President Michel Martelly. (AP via ABC News)
Subscribe to our Newsletter
Which were the top hits in that special week of May 2012 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?