Sunday 3 November 1946
It was Sunday, under the sign of Scorpio. The US president was Harry S. Truman (Democratic).
The Strange Woman, directed by Edgar Ulmer, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1946
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 3 November 1946!
Which were the important events of 3 November 1946 ?
- St. Pirmin
- Japan - Culture Day (post 1946), Emperors Birthday (pre 1946)
- St. Winifred
- Also see November 3 (Eastern Orthodox liturgics)
- St. Vulganius
- St. Valentine & Hilary
- St. Valentinian
- St. Quaratus
- St. Martin de Porres
- St. Florus
- St. Domnus of Vienne
- St. Papulus
- St. Cristiolus
- Independence Day in Panama (1903, from Colombia), Dominica (1978, from Britain) and Federated States of Micronesia (1986, from France)
- St. Englatius
- R.C. Saints - November 3rd is the feast day of the following Roman Catholic Saints: St. Acepsimas
- St. Germanus
- St. Guenhael
- St. Hermengaudis
- St. Hubert
- Doug Simper: Rocker (Deep Purple).
- Tommy Dee: Rocker.
- Reinhard Karl: German mountaineer photographer and author (d. 1982).
- Tom Savini: American actor stuntman director and make-up artist.
- Wataru Takeshita: Japanese lawyer and politician.
- Shadoe Stevens: American commercial actor, the star of the craziest commercials ever seen on local TV. The ads humorously combined the antics of Ernie Kovacs, Monty Python and Salvador Dali. As a wizard of shtick and an excellent pitchman he portrayed a Viking, an alien astronaut, a beach bum, an inept knight and the manic Fred Rated. His TV show, "Shadoevision," was due out in 1985 and included a half-hour of cathode lunacy. Three years later he found himself as a regular on "Hollywood Squares." He also signed
- Emperor Hirohito proclaims new Japanese constitution
Subscribe to our Newsletter
Which were the top hits in that special week of November 1946 ?
Top #4 songs in the USA
- The Old Lamp-Lighter - Sammy Kaye & His Orchestra
- Ole Buttermilk Sky - Paul Weston & His Orchestra
- Put that Kiss Back Where You Found It - Sam Donahue & His Orchestra
- This is Always - Harry James & His Orchestra
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
Retro and Vintage gifts
Have a look at retro and vintage objects from 3 November 1946 and get them!